Saturday, January 21, 2012

My make-up confusion/adventure??

I have never been the type of person who likes to wear a lot of make-up,  I just never liked the way it felt on my face. However, I do like to put a little bit of something on just to make my skin look smoother.   Anyway about 6 or 7 years ago I discovered Bare Escentuals make-up and I really liked it because it wasn't heavy, I felt like since it didn't have a lot of ingredients it was good for my skin, and  I just liked the natural look it gave me.   Well,  all my years of using the product came crashing down in an instant.   Apparently, Dr. Oz (who I never watch)  came out like 2 years ago saying the loose powder  in particular mineral makeup was actually bad for you lungs.    I had never heard about this episode until a couple months ago, when I happened to be searching for something and I came across this information.    He basically said that the particles are so small and can easily be inhaled and therefore possible cause lung damage, lung caner, and adhere to your lungs.   WHAT!!!!!!!  I completely flipped out because I thought, well that does make sense but seriously.      So,  I did what I thought was best and started researching, I didn't find any conclusive evidence that suggested that this had been proven.  However, because I had promised myself that I would figure this out first  I stopped using the product and coincidence or not this cough that wouldn't go away went away.   I continued to debate as to what to do and even went make-up less for a couple of days, I have since found a pressed powder from Clinique that I like but I have not found any concrete evidence to support the claim about mineral make-up or loose powders.    So,   I do have to say this whole make-up things has been a very unexpected adventure.  

I do have to say though that since I have gone back to using the old tried and true clinique 3 step system that my skin feels smoother and has cleared up so maybe there is something to the Clinique 3 step or maybe that's just what I have convinced myself of ha ha.  I figured I would try clinique since that  is what my grandmother uses, and she has great skin.          Anyway, it has gotten me to try new things, but of course I miss my mineral make-up.    I guess part of my confusion is, some of these other make-up's have so many ingredients and chemicals that I think well that can't be good either.       

Ha Ha this is a totally random post,  but I just had to blog about it.  If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, advice I will be more then willing to listen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter