Saturday, March 3, 2012

Italian cooking class

One thing I love to do is learn how to cook different kinds of foods.  So I decided to have a random adventure and enroll in a Italian cooking class.     It was great,  my last class was Monday, and I have to say that I will be missing some of the people that were in my class.  We were kind of like a little family.  Of course, I think I was the youngest one in there but regardless of age the company was great.      I learned how to make homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce,  egg plant parmasean, an apple tart/pie,  foccacia bread,  and  stuffed pasta shells.   The lady that taught the class was Italian, so it was nice learning from an Italian person.    She said she will be teaching some classes in June, and I really hope I can sign up.    I do have some pictures of the stuff we made in class, however I want to post pictures of when I actually make it all by myself.      The good thing was since I gave up fast food for lent, the Monday night class pretty much ensured that I had a homecooked dinner, now that I no longer have class I am going to have to figure out what in the world to eat on Monday nights.       I am really excited to try making the recipes on my own, and I hope to post pictures soon.  

2 comments:

  1. i love italian foods...egg plants are just awesome! can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get some pictures up soon. Since I sprained my ankle standing in the kitchen hasn't been the most appealing thing to me ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Adventures in weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter