Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finally.. I am back new computer!!

Geez, it has been so long since I have been able to log on here!!!  So much has gone on!!!     I don't even know where to start.        So I will start with the most recent happenings.  My computer crashed and burned, and I just now replaced it.   I do have access to other computers but it just wasnt' the same.    I was really wanting a Mac Book Pro, but because I don't have that kind of money I actually found a really nice HP for a good price and so far, I like it :)     Now that I have a computer, hopefully I can catch up a little bit on everyone's blogs that I follow, and catch up on my blog!   

My friend and I started a challenge,   we decided to wear our pedometers and shoot for 10,000 steps a day.     This is going to be a very difficult task for me, between work and school I have lately found very little time to exercise.   However, I know that excercise is key to weight loss and good health.     Let's see what else,  I read a book called the Eat to Live diet by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.  I really like what he has to say.  He emphasizes eating fruits and vegetables.  He really promotes a vegetarian and vegan lifestyle.   I have to say that I did try it some before I went back to work and I did feel better about myself overall.  Unfortunately, work has been so crazy that lately my eating habits have gone out the window.      So,    I think now it is a absolute must that I get back on track.   I keep telling myself that I don't have time for anything,  but I need to find time to get my nutritional habits back in order and get some exercise in.           For a while I haven't been able to get my schedule in order either.      Between work and school by the time I come home I am exhausted, so I am hoping that now that I have adjusted a little bitter to all the craziness I can find at least 30 minutes 2-3 times a week to get in that exercise.        
There is a run coming to San Antonio, called the Dirty Girl Run so my plan is to register for it, and then get back to training.  I figure if I register, then I will have no choice but to do it!      A friend of mine is doing a little challenge on FB she  started it off easy and then gives little challenges every day.    I did start off doing it with them,but that things called work got in the way again and I fell off the wagon :(          So today I am going to start with my own challenge: 1)   do 25 crunches, 2) get as many steps in as I can.         I am feeling a little sick so while my challenge seems easy, it is a start!    
Anyone up for a challenge?   

2 comments:

  1. I saw the Dr. F diet too...I just don't know if I'm strong enough! And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that it is difficult to follow. I don't have a problem with cutting out meat, the problem I have is that I don't have enough time in they day to prepare such health things.

    ReplyDelete

Adventures in weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter