Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back to Zumba!!!!!

It has been so long since I have gone to Zumba.   In case you have never heard of Zumba it is basically a exercise class that is like a dance party!!!   They incorporate different dance moves mostly latin and have you burning calories in a fun way!!!   Prior to my surgery I had discovered Zumba, and absolutley loved it.   Luckily here in San Antonio we have an actual Zumba studio, they also offer classes at many of the gyms.      I hadn't been since my surgery in September because I was worried about having the energy to get through the class.  I am proud to say I accomplished one of my many goals I have set for myself.  I went to ZUBA today, and I had a blast!!!!      If you are someone who likes to dance, or wants to learn some new moves then this is a class for you to try, and the best part is you don't need a partner.         They do have some DVD's and even have one for the Wii; I have both but have yet to try it because my prefrence is to go Zumba Live  and dance away.  One of the best things about it, is that you can have a blast, learn to dance, and burn mega calories.They say you can burn from 500-1000 depending on how intense you make it.   There is also a toning aspect of it, so some classes and DVD's  incorporate weights.  There is also some fun wardrobe you can buy!!!        In case you have never heard of it or never tried it and been curious here is the link to the officail Zumba website.  

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter